My Guide Website?
Visaginas: Wild Nature Hiking at Gražutės Regional Park2 Reviews
Escape to wild nature by taking a 4 to 5-hour long guided hiking tour through Gražutės Regional Park. See wild Lithuanian nature, learn about local flora and fauna, pick some wild food along the trail and swim in the lake's open water.
- Explore dense Lithuanian forests and pristine ice age lakes
- Rejuvenate and fill your body with fresh air
- Escape the bustling city and feel the quietness of wild nature
- Learn about and pick some edible herbs and berries
DescriptionA perfect tour for nature lovers wanting to get off the beaten tourist track while in Lithuania. A guided hiking tour in Gražutės Regional Park will let you fully appreciate Lithuanian beauty. Hear the whispering wind in the crowns of trees, inhale the tangy smell of pines, give your eyes and mind an opportunity to unwind and refuel. Enjoy the healing powers of the surrounding nature, and experience a deluxe feeling of calmness. Gražutės Regional Park can be reached by train or coach from Vilnius in 2 to 2.5-hours. The tour will start right from the Visaginas Railway Station, which is also a meeting point for this tour. A local guide will lead you on a 10 kilometer hike through dense forests, along beautiful lakes and close to spongy swamps. Expect to hear about local flora and fauna, pick some edible herbs and berries along the way and possibly spot some wildlife. There will also be a stop for lunch, during which your guide will show you how to prepare a traditional lunch over a campfire, encouraging you to learn and take part in cooking. This is also an opportunity to take a refreshing swim in open waters of a wild lake. The tour will end at the same spot as you started, Visaginas Railway Station, from which you can catch a return train to Vilnius. Alternatively, you could plan for some extra time to spend in Visaginas, for example, take an excursion to Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant. Families with children and dogs are welcome on this tour.
IncludesLocal guide Campfire lunch (vegetarian on request), fresh vegetables and a hot drink Entry to Gražutės Regional Park Public transport from Vilnius to Visaginas (approximately 6 EUR) and back again
- This hiking trail is moderately easy, however an average physical fitness is required to walk 10 kilometers in forest terrain
- Please wear sensible and weather dependent clothing and shoes for this tour - comfortable trousers, a t-shirt and a waterproof jacket with a pair or trainers will be sufficient, however if available, please wear hiking boots and bring your own hiking equipment