My Guide Website?
Private Day Trip to Cesis, Sigulda and Turaida Castles4 Reviews
Spend the day in Cesis, Sigulda, and Turaida. Depart from Riga and visit several Medieval Castles, the valley of Gauja National Park, and enjoy amazing views from the top of the Turaida Castle tower.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the history and culture of medieval Latvia on a private day trip
- Explore tribal settlements from the 9th century
- Marvel at panoramic views over the Gauja river valley
- Dive into the medieval history of the Teutonic Knights
- Enjoy lunch at a local, traditional restaurant
DescriptionDiscover the charming towns of Cesis, Sigulda, and Turaida on this private day trip from Riga. Learn basic historical information from your driver, as well as the best restaurants to stop for lunch. Depart from Riga with private transport and head to Cesis, where you'll find an 800-year-old medieval castle. Learn about its connection to the town's history and its continued expansion during the years. Then head to Āraiši Lake Castle Archaeological Park, where you can visit the castle, nominated as the Latvian archaeological monument of 2021. Check out the permanent exposition with fascinating archeological finds from the area. Next, it's on to the Livonian Order Castle in Sigulda, built in 1207, and current host to the International Sigulda Opera Music Festival. Finally head to the Turaida Museum Reserve, where you'll discover archaeology, culture, and art dating back to the 11th century. Please note that from 1st of November to 30th of April Cesis Castle museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. During this time we will be able to see Castle only from outside, we'll do walk thru Cesis old town part.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off English-speaking driver Private day trip only for your group Please note that from 1st of November to 30th of April Cesis Castle museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. During this time we will be able to see Castle only from outside, we'll do walk thru Cesis old town part.
- This is not a guided tour, we can assist you with booking licensed guide service at some of the sites at the additional cost. Your English-speaking driver will be able to give you basic information, direct you to the ticket office at each site, and offer advice about the best local restaurants for lunch.