My Guide Website?
Riga: 2-Hour History of Art Nouveau Walking Tour
Riga is proud of its Art Nouveau architecture. Learn about this rich heritage on a tour through the Art Nouveau district which features many creations from architect Mikhail Eisenstein.
- Delve into Riga's centuries-old Art Nouveau history on a guided tour
- Learn about Mikhail Eisenstein, a talented and controversial architect
- Admire Riga's most beautiful landmarks and learn about their history
- Enjoy this highly decorative and intellectual architectural style
DescriptionTake a journey through the different interpretations of Art Nouveau. From highly decorative to more intellectual designs, these buildings were built in line with Art Nouveau values: creations designed to be not only beautiful but also functional. Find out if these buildings live up to this expectation from an experienced and multi-lingual guide. Join your guide in central Riga and walk through the Old Town to the Art Nouveau district, home to creations from the most controversial Art Nouveau architect, Mikhail Eisenstein. Learn about Eisenstein's history living in what was then the most important port city in the Russian Empire. Walk along the famous Alberta street and hear stories of the notable Latvian, German, Russian, and Jewish architects who have left their distinctive features on the city's Art Nouveau houses. Admire the rich ornamentation on some facades and learn how national romanticism was built into the design of others.
- Umbrellas are offered in case of bad weather Children under 6 can join excursions for free Tours in Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, or Japanese are available upon request. Some excursions may experience route changes