My Guide Website?
Riga: Guided Hiking Adventure2 Reviews
Discover awesome sandy beaches and the green and wild part of Riga City all in one. Look at Riga from another perspective, with 2 guided hikes and plenty of historic architecture to explore.
- Enjoy hiking on the beautiful beaches of Riga
- Visit the places where the Daugava and Lielupe rivers end
- Get immersed in the pristine 'Piejura' Nature Park
- Walk in the sea on Daugavgriva mall
- Get to know more about Latvian nature and traditions
- Visit old military bunkers hidden in the dunes
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel in Riga at 9:00AM, from where you will travel to where the city meets the sea, Daugavgriva. You’ll see the different face of the city of Riga on your way, as you travel through Bolderaja, the most distant city district. Here you will witness a town that differs from other parts of Riga, where Soviet legacy overlaps with old wooden architecture. You will then go for a fun hike (5 kilometers both ways) in the “Piejura' Nature Park to the Daugavgriva Lighthouse and back. If the weather allows, you will walk through the Daugavgriva mall in the sea. The biggest river of Latvia Daugava (or as the locals call it the “River of Destiny”) ends in the Gulf of Riga here. On the way back from the Daugavgriva Lighthouse, you’ll see old military bunkers hidden in the dunes. This place holds a lot of historic secrets, and was closed for regular visitors during the Soviet era. After your hike through Daugavgriva, you will visit another big river that separates Riga and the neighboring Jurmala cities. The scenery will be different there, as it is less rough and more natural than in Daugavgriva. This is your next hiking location, where you will hike for approximately 5 kilometers through pristine coastal pine forest. Finally, you will result on an amazing and secluded sandy beach, where if the day is warm and sunny you’ll have a chance to chill out, have a swim, and catch some rays.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off in Riga Guided hiking tour in the 'Piejura' Nature Park Knowledgeable eco-tour leader Meals and drinks Insurance Personal expenses
- Bring your lunchbox or daily snacks and drinks with you
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking in nature
- Be prepared for different weather conditions
- Don't forget your swimsuit and a towel in case you plan to take this tour in summer
- All the tours are small like-minded group adventures
- Tours are narrated in English, Russian and Latvian (please indicate your preferred language during booking)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now