My Guide Website?
Riga: Culture and Food Tasting Tour102 Reviews
Discover the best of Riga’s food and culture on a 4-hour walking tour of three of its "must see" districts. Enter the heart of medieval Riga in the Old Town. Explore the world’s largest collection of Art Nouveau architecture, and go to Central Market.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Stroll the historic streets of Old Riga to see monuments such as Riga Cathedral
- Explore the world's largest collection of art nouveau architecture
- Taste Latvian food at Riga Central Market
- Discover the hidden meanings behind the façades of buildings in the Art Nouveau district
- Hear legends and stories about what makes Riga so unique
DescriptionExplore three of Riga’s most essential districts on a half-day combined food tasting and cultural walking tour. Hear stories from the history of the city, and see the world’s largest collection of art nouveau architecture. Begin your tour in charming Old Riga, where the beautiful, centuries-old buildings speak extensively about Latvian culture - one of the oldest living cultures in the world. Highlights of Old Riga (also known as “Vecrīga”) include a reconstruction of the medieval city wall, Riga Cathedral, and the House of the Blackheads. Next, go to the remarkable Art-Nouveau district, where a local guide will explain more about the meaning of symbols hidden behind the beautiful façades. See masterpieces of art nouveau architecture at banks, offices and apartment blocks on almost every street corner. End with a food tasting tour of some typical local food in Riga Central Market. Sample mouth-watering, ecologically-grown local produce in the beautiful art deco and neoclassical market, Europe’s largest market and bazaar.
IncludesLocal guide Hotel pickup (for private tours only)
- Please note that this tour involves approximately 8 kilometers of walking, including cobble-stoned streets. If you have walking difficulties or a stroller, please inform the local tour operator prior to your tour. It is also recommended to book the private tour
- There is usually a break mid-tour for refreshments
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the tour starts, otherwise you will lose your place. If you contact the tour operator you may be offered a place on the next available tour, or if this is not possible, you will be charged according to the 'no show' policy
- Groups of 6 or more should book the private tour option
- On rare occasions, the public tour start time may alter slightly. If so, you will be contacted to confirm the changes
- For private tours, pick-up is offered from a centrally located place within a walking distance (c. 20 mins) of Riga Old Town
- Private tours can be altered according to your preferred distance and tour length