My Guide Website?
Pokaini stone agglomerates, Dobele castle, Nakotnes park
We will drive to the Pokaini forest for a walk and learn about the seasons, health and zodiac signs. There is also the possibility to visit Dobele castle ruin outside and inside and an old workshop.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Private Boat Tour City Canal and Daugava River
- Riga: Guided Old Town Walking Tour
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Magical stone forest for hiking.
- Castle ruin with river view.
- Try-out worshop of antiquities and organic foods and drinks.
DescriptionPick up in Riga by car. We will drive to the Pokaini forest, a picturesque location and a legendary ancient holy site. Into these woods people have been drawn for ages, lured by the mysterious rocks and their alleged powers. People have attributed special powers to the stones. Let's take a hike into this magical place! Learn about the different rocks in this remote area. You will be impressed by a high concentration of stones of all shapes and sizes. It's the Latvian stonehenge but even the most sceptical mind will be amazed by the interesting walk and the calmness of the surrounding area. On the way back there is the possibility to learn more about Dobele castle ruin (inside) and explore the outside area with nice views over the Berze river. The last stop is Nakotne park where you can take a look at an ald workshop with different items, motorcycles, antiquites, old bikes, ... In this place you can actually touch and try the different items. Please note that I need to make a prior reservation to take the excursion in the last stop. (only saturday and sunday) You can also taste local tea or buy organic cornflakes. If you are lucky you can even see a helicopter landing!
IncludesEntrance tickets to the castle from tuesday to saturday. Entrance tickets to the park in weekends.
- Please note that if you want to visit the park with workshop and more I have to make prior arrangements. It's only open on weekends. The castle is closed on sundays and mondays in the winter season. The forest is always open for visitors :-)