My Guide Website?
From Riga: Gauja National Park Hiking & Sightseeing Trip2 Reviews
Hike the beautiful forest trails in Gauja National Park and visit Cēsis and its famous medieval castle. Discover some of the most impressive sandstone cliffs in Europe near Cēsis and Līgatne.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Private Boat Tour City Canal and Daugava River
- Riga: Guided Old Town Walking Tour
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Enjoy wilderness in the most gorgeous forest hiking trails in the famous Gauja National Park
- Visit Cēsis Town and its famous medieval castle
- Discover some of the most impressive sandstone cliffs in Europe
- Explore the famous man-made caves in the sandstone cliffs and have a taste of local wine in Līgatne Town
- Soak up nature at its purest and enjoy fresh air
DescriptionMeet the guide at a hotel in Riga in the morning and get ready for the one-and-a-half-hour drive to Gauja National Park. Be ready for around 12-14 kilometers of hiking on hilly terrain during this unforgettable day. Start the adventure by hiking in some of the most beautiful nature trails in Gauja National Park. Explore pristine and unique forest habitats, fast-flowing salmon rivers, and enjoy 'forest bathing' - be immersed in the forest atmosphere and soak it up through every sense. Travel down some of the most beautiful nature trails in Gauja National Park, well hidden in the wilderness. Explore Ligatne, a small charming town hidden in the beautiful forests of Gauja National Park. Have a look at the beautiful scenery and some of the more than 300 unique man-made caves made in the awesome sandstone cliffs. Get to know more about the history of this place and potentially have a taste of some local wines in the local winery. Check out one of the most beautiful towns in Latvia - Cesis and learn about its history, dating back to the 13th century and almost as old as Riga. Stroll down the historic Old Cēsis Town, see its beautiful squares, St. John's Church (built in the 13th century), the House of Harmony, House of Princesses, and other sights in this town that is both the historic and modern heart of Latvian culture. Feel the special charm and atmosphere of this town that is very different from more cosmopolitan Rīga. Visit the famous Cēsis Medieval Castle, first built in 1218 and still one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Latvia. Explore its beautiful park, dark medieval rooms, and corridors, and get to know more about its extensive history. Visit the Gauja River, and walk along the beautiful riverbanks of the longest river in Latvia. Admire some of the largest sandstone cliffs in Latvia and the most stunning natural landscapes of Gauja National Park, while soaking up the fresh and healthy air of pristine Western Taiga pine forest. End the tour filled with new impressions and emotions and return to a hotel in Riga (or stay in Cēsis, Sigulda, or Līgatne towns for more adventures in Gauja National Park).
IncludesTransfer from/to a hotel in Riga Professional Eco-tour leader Improv-travel tour (for 2 people and more) Entry fee in Cesis Castle Local snacks
- Because of the shorter daylight hours and weather conditions during the winter months from 1 November till 31 January, this tour lasts approximately 8 hours