My Guide Website?
From Riga: Abava Valley Tour1 Reviews
Immerse yourself in one of the most beautiful landscapes of Latvia, exploring the pristine nature and cozy small historic towns, and kayaking/canoeing on the Abava River.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Private Boat Tour City Canal and Daugava River
- Riga: Guided Old Town Walking Tour
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Enjoy a walk and admire rare protected habitats in Nature Reserve Čužu Purvs
- Take one of the most beautiful kayaking trips in Latvia and admire the stunning views of Abava River Valley
- Have a look at gorgeous Abava River Valley from the top of ancient fort hills
- Visit two cozy small towns of Western Latvia, Kandava and Sabile
- Visit the northernmost vineyard in the world in Sabile Town and taste local wines and ciders
- Have a dip in famous Abava Rapid
DescriptionMeet your guide in the morning and head to the 1.5-hour drive to the gorgeous Abava River Valley. Begin your water and small towns' adventure with a kayaking or canoeing trip of 6 to 9 miles on the Abava River. Along the way, enjoy the gorgeous Abava River valley. During this beautiful trip, your knowledgeable eco-tour guide will engage you with their special improv-travel approach and will tell you about nature and culture values of Latvia. End your kayaking/canoeing trip at the famous Abava Rapid. Take the chance to have a last swim in the river before hopping in the car for the drive to Sabile Town. This is a great place to stroll around the charming narrow streets of the historic town and to have a look at beautiful Abava River Valley from Sabile Hillfort. Visit the famous for its Sabile Wine Hill, the world's northernmost vineyard where the grapes grow. Ascend the hill above Sabile Town with a gorgeous view on the Abava Valley. Take some time to perhaps buy some local wines and ciders made from local apples. Explore your next stop of Kandava, one of the most beautiful towns in Latvia, and dating back to 1230. Take a late afternoon-evening walk on its narrow and tranquil streets and visit its stone bridge, Kandava Church Hill, and the old Kandava Castle ruins with its view of the beautiful Abava River Valley. Before returning to Riga, enjoy a short late afternoon hike in Nature Reserve 'Čužu purvs' near Kandava Town. In this unique place, see protected and rare wetland habitats and sulfur springs.
IncludesHotel pick up/drop-off in Riga Professional eco-tour leader Improv-travel tour (for 2 people and more) One seat in kayak or canoe, safety gear, one waterproof bag for a boat Entrance fee in Sabile Wine Hill
- All tours are narrated in English, Russian, and Latvian