My Guide Website?
Sigulda Hiking Tour: A Day in the Switzerland of Latvia10 Reviews
Discover the caves, cliffs, impressive forests, and popular attractions of Sigulda, Krimulda, and Turaida, on a full-day guided hike. Enjoy the natural beauty of this region known as the Switzerland of Latvia on a leisurely hike that covers 15 kilometers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- Riga: Private Sigulda, Turaida, and Gauja National Park Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Kemeri National Park Bog Trail near Riga
- Enjoy a day’s hike in the Switzerland of Latvia
- See the ruins of the old Sigulda castle and the new castle
- Explore Goodman's Cave, noted for its 17th-century inscriptions
- Experience Gauja National Park
- Admire the views of the Gauja valley
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day hiking tour in one of the Latvia's most picturesque regions. Known as the Switzerland of Latvia, the area features mountains, valleys, cliffs, and caves. Take in views of the Gauja River Valley as you cross it by the aerial cableway. Your 15-kilometer guided hike will take you through the area’s natural landscapes and through populated areas as well. You’ll help set the pace for the tour, and there’s no need to rush, as there’s plenty of time to cover the entire route. The hiking route takes you past numerous attractions, including the ruins of the old Sigulda castle, the new castle, and Goodman's Cave. Goodman’s Cave was formed over a 10,000-year period by water gradually eroding sandstone. The grotto is a protected geological site and the oldest tourist attraction in Latvia. You’ll see inscriptions on its walls dating back to 1668 and 1677. You’ll hike to Piķenes Cliff and the Little Devil's Cave, and take in spectacular views from the Velnalas Cliff overlook as well.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation Guide Entrance tickets
- Entrance tickets are included Food and drinks are not included