My Guide Website?
Visaginas: Full-Day Hiking Tour w/ Sauna1 Reviews
This perfectly balanced nature tour is designed to strengthen your immune system and bring you a feeling of deep relaxation and rejuvenation. Start your day with an active hike through the forest fairytale, and finish with a hot traditional sauna.
- Escape the bustling city and feel the quietness of wild nature
- Get a first-hand insight into local life and traditions
- Strengthen your immune system and get a therapeutic effect from breathing the pine forest air
- Give your eyes and mind an opportunity to unwind and refuel
DescriptionAre you planning a trip to Lithuania and looking for authentic things to see and do? Or you are already in the country and have a free day, which you'd like to spend a little differently? Or maybe you are certain that you would like to take a walk in the forest and along the lakes, but don't have enough time and knowledge for planning your route? Then, you should join a full-day guided hiking tour at Gražutės Regional Park with a traditional sauna at the end. This hiking trail will take you through dense forests, picturesque lakes and spongy swamps, allowing you to relax and recharge. Gražutės Regional Park can be reached by train or coach from Vilnius in 2 to 2.5-hours. The tour will start right from the Visaginas railway station, which is also a meeting point for this tour. A local guide will lead you on a 10 kilometer hike through dense forests, along beautiful lakes and close to spongy swamps. Expect to hear about the local flora and fauna, pick some edible herbs and berries along the way (in summer) and possibly spot some wildlife. In winter, you will be immersed in a snowy forest fairytale, walk on frozen lakes and enjoy the silence of sleeping nature. Halfway through the hike you will stop for lunch with your guide showing you how to prepare a traditional lunch over a campfire while encouraging you to learn and take part in the cooking. This will also be an opportunity to take a refreshing swim in the open waters of a wild lake in the summer, or enjoy a bit of sledging in winter. After lunch, you'll take a final stretch to the location of the sauna. There, you will enjoy a relaxing 3-hours in a cosy and warm atmosphere, feel the heat of the traditional sauna and taste some sauna-special tea, brewed with local herbs. Your guide will show you how to make the most of this sauna experience. After the sauna, you will be taken back to Visaginas town, or a Visaginas railway station, by private transfer. You can then catch a return train to Vilnius, or plan for an extra day spent in Visaginas, for example, to take an excursion to Ignalina nuclear power plant or a training simulator of the power plant's control room.
IncludesLocal guide Hearty campfire lunch Sauna A few cups of scrumptious tea in the sauna Transfer back to Visaginas or the Visaginas train station (to take a train back to Vilnius if required) Entry ticket to Gražutės Regional Park Public transport from Vilnius to Visaginas (approximately 6 EUR) and back
- This hiking trail is moderately easy, however an average physical fitness is required to walk 10 kilometers in forest terrain
- Vegetarian meals can be prepared on request
- Suitable for families with children from 6-years-old
- Please wear sensible and weather dependent clothing and shoes for this tour, however if available, please wear hiking boots and bring your own hiking equipment
- What to wear - (in winter): thermal underwear, sweater, warm jacket (weatherproof is the best), warm scarf, hat and gloves ad warm, comfortable, weatherproof shoes; (in summer): t-shirt, jacket (weatherproof is the best), long trousers and comfortable shoes (good if waterproof)
- What to take with you for the hike: spare pair of gloves (in winter), spare pair of socks and water bottle/ thermos with tea
- To the sauna: towel, flip flops, swimming suit, soap, shampoo, shower puff ('mochalka') and clean underwear to change into after the sauna
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€65.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today