My Guide Website?
Sigulda Day Tour - Castle Ruins, Gūtmaņala Grotto, & More6 Reviews
Sigulda is one of the most beautiful cities in Latvia with many historical sites. Tour goes through the Gauja national park by visiting the Sigulda castle, the Gūtmaņala grotto and the Turaida castle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Private Boat Tour City Canal and Daugava River
- Riga: Guided Old Town Walking Tour
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Explore the delights of Sigulda in just 1 day
- Visit the Sigulda castle and the Turaida museum
- Ride the aerial cableway and delve deep into the the Gūtmaņala grotto
DescriptionThere is so much to see and do in Sigulda that sometimes it is difficult to fit it all in. This comprehensive tour led by a professional guide, is designed to show you around the historic highlights of the city in just a day. Ride the aerial cableway in Sigulda. Opened in 1969, this is the only one of its kind in the Baltic States. The cableway was built in cooperation between Sigulda and Chiatura, a city in Georgia, and offers spectacular views over the city. Explore the Sigulda castle ruins and the new castle. The Order of the Brothers of the Sword began building Sigulda castle in 1207. During the Great Northern War, the castle was destroyed never to be restored again. However the convent building with its famous gothic window plus the main gate tower still stand, and offer an insight into a bygone age. Delve deep into the Gūtmaņala grotto. This is the most popular and vast cave in Latvia. It was formed in the course of 10,000 years by water gradually eroding sandstone, and is a protected geological site. The cave is the oldest tourist attraction in Latvia. Marvel at the ancient inscriptions lining the walls. A trip to the Turaida Museum Reserve should not be missed. The 42 hectares of the reserve feature archaeological, architectural, historical, and art monuments, dating back from the 11th century.
IncludesEntrance fees Guide Transportation Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable clothes and footwear are recommended
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
- You will have to climb 100 steps to reach the top of the Turaida medieval castle tower (optional visit)