My Guide Website?
Riga: Central Market Latvian Food Tour211 Reviews BEST SELLER
Learn about Latvian gastronomy in the largest open-air market in Europe. Sample a selection of more than 20 traditional local food samples as you learn about the history of these massive markets.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- Riga: Private Sigulda, Turaida, and Gauja National Park Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Kemeri National Park Bog Trail near Riga
- Enjoy 20 differed local Latvian foods and drink samples
- Learn about the local food and shopping traditions
- Admire the size of the market hangars as you learn of their history
DescriptionEmbark on a tour through the UNESCO-listed Riga Central Market. Explore 5 former zeppelin hangars and learn about local Latvian food and shopping habits on the market. A knowledgeable local tour guide will lead you through the market and provide you with an introduction to Latvian food, sharing the origins of local food traditions. Throughout the tour, you will receive a wide range of local specialties which include local bread, several kinds of cheese, freshly smoked meat, several types of fish, non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks, and delicious local sweets. These tastings will be sufficient enough to make you feel as if you have had a light lunch and should be enough to get you through to dinner.
IncludesTour guide Food and drink samples Cutlery and napkins
- This tour will take place rain or shine, as most of the tour is inside the market halls anyway and it is warm there also in the cold winter time
- This tour is not suitable for vegans, but it is suitable for those who are vegetarian or lactose inolerant