My Guide Website?
Riga: Behind the Iron Curtain 3.5-Hour Communism Tour10 Reviews
Find out what was hiding behind the iron curtain in Latvia for 46 years on a 3.5-hour communism walking tour of Riga. Familiarize yourself with the Soviet Union legacy in Latvia and see real life the way it has been here for more than 60 years.
- Pass by one of the most popular restaurants of the Soviet times
- See the train station from which thousands of Latvians were deported to Siberia in Russia
- Walk by residential yards
- Be amazed and astonished at the antiquity of some of your surroundings
- Gaze upon the architecture of schools and other buildings from the Soviet time
- See an old bomb shelter (from outside)
- Sample traditional Russian cuisine
- Learn about the local way of life from an expert who lives in Riga