Riga: Art Nouveau Architecture Tour
Explore Art Nouveau Architecture on the streets of Riga with an expert guide.
- Discover Art Nouveau architecture in a small group (max 12 people) or on a private tour
- Get in-depth insight into the history of this distinct architectural style
- Visit the most predominant museum covering the development of Art Nouveau in Riga
- Explore colorful Riga, where the tempo of slow life still permeates
- See intricate floral designs, weaving garlands, and expressive masks
DescriptionExplore the Art Nouveau architecture of Riga with a knowledgeable local guide. Stroll the streets of Latvia's capital and marvel at building facades covered in dragons, wolves, and gargoyles - art nouveau’s dalliance in the macabre. Learn about the city's distinctive look and how 40 percent of all the buildings in central Rīga were built in the Art Nouveau style, marking the city like no other in the world. Start near the old town, which is surrounded by an arch of boulevards and parks, and enjoy the beautiful flower beds, trees, freshwater springs, and statues. Hear stories of the city's most prolific Art Nouveau architects, such as Mikhail Eisenstein, and find the collection of his buildings on Alberta Iela, which is famous for its unusual sculpture, colored tiles, geometric ornaments, and uniquely shaped windows. Continue to the Art Nouveau Museum for a fascinating look at an Art Nouveau apartment, where even the bathroom and kitchen are adorned with Jugendstil elements.
IncludesEntrance fee to the Art Nouveau Museum Expert local guide Transport to the meeting spot
- This is a 3-hour walking tour at a relaxed pace
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability