My Guide Website?
Riga: 3-Hour Soviet Walking Tour27 Reviews
Visit must-see and off-the-beaten-track spots in Riga that are legacies of the city’s Soviet past. Find out what life was like behind the Iron Curtain. Take a 3-hour walking tour with a friendly guide and learn about the darkest years in Latvian history.
- See sites that are legacies of Riga’s Iron Curtain past
- Learn more about history and life during the occupation
- Discover real, off-the-beaten-track Riga
- Hear personal stories from your guide about local life during the Cold War times
- Learn about the Singing Revolution and freedom restoration in the Baltic Countries in 1991
DescriptionOn this 3-hour walking tour a local guide will take you to some of the must-see places in Riga. Visit sites that are legacies of the city’s Soviet past, and some that are symbols of Latvians' desire for independence. Learn more about the local history of the 20th century, including 3 occupations and miraculous movements towards independence. See typical Soviet-era monuments and buildings, hear about life during the occupation and enjoy great panoramic views.
IncludesHotel pickup Professional local guide Public transportation ticket All entrance fees
- Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- The tour duration is 3 hours and a moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please let the tour operator known in advance about any special medical conditions or restrictions
- Don’t forget an umbrella (if it is raining) or sunscreen (if it is sunny)