My Guide Website?
Kemeri National Park & Baltic Seaside Tour Bog Boardwalk11 Reviews
Give yourself a day off from the city travel and get a new experience by walking the bogs in Latvia. You will not only find peace and well-being in the beautiful world of bogs, by walking nice wooden trails, but also visit Baltic sea coast.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Have a relaxing and beautiful bog boardwalk in Ķemeri nature park
- Discover the Lagoon Lake Kaņieris trail and bird watching tower
- Admire the beautiful Baltic Sea coast and a fishing village
- See the sulfur water spring
- Visit Jūrmala seaside resort
DescriptionSpend a day in one of the biggest nature parks in Latvia, Ķemeri National Park. This park is great to visit because it combines so much of the local nature including bogs, forests, seaside, lakes, and wildlife (most of the bird species in Latvia are found here). Journey along a boardwalk trail through a beautiful bog that has been formed over thousands of years and now is a true natural treasure of Latvia. The Ķemeru Lielais Tīrelis is only a 1-hour drive from the Latvian capital city of Riga. During the walk, you will learn about how the bog is created and about its usage and value. You will also see the gorgeous bog sights with many small and large lakes which reflect the world in its calm and dark waters. You will have the opportunity to sample some local snacks and drinks. Then, head to the unique trail of Kaņieries Lake that is nearby. Experience a bit of the local fisherman's way of life by casting an eye over their fishing boats and tools on the coast of the Baltic Sea. Be shown the biggest seaside resort city in Baltics, Jūrmala before you return to Riga.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Riga Guide Transportation Small outdoor picnic
- The total distance covered during the relaxing walk is approximately 9 kilometers (5.5 miles). All distance is easily walkable for everyone and there are good wooden trails all the way along with ample opportunities to sit down.