My Guide Website?
From Riga: Rundale Palace & Bauska Castle Tour to Vilnius8 Reviews
Start from Riga and end in Vilnius visiting sights like Rundale Palace, Bauska Castle, and The Hill of Crosses along the way on a group or private tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- Riga: Private Sigulda, Turaida, and Gauja National Park Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Kemeri National Park Bog Trail near Riga
- Visit highlights along the way: Bauska Castle and The Hill of Crosses
- Learn more about Lithuanian and Latvian history
- Be stunned by the most mysterious pilgrim site - The Hill of Crosses
- Admire an unique treasury of Baroque and Rococo art at Rundale Palace
DescriptionThis full-day day tour is the best choice for those who want to save time, money, and see the most important sights along the trip from Riga to Vilnius. Visit Bauska Castle, which is surrounded by a picturesque scenery and represents an example of military architecture (XV - XVII century). The castle consists of two parts: the fortress built especially for the use of firearms and the residential castle fortified with bastions, protective walls and earthen ramparts. About two hours is reserved to explore Rundale Palace, one of the most outstanding monuments of Baroque and Rococo architecture in Latvia, which sometimes is called as ‘The Versailles of Latvia’. Rundale Palace is built in the mid-18th-Century by the Russian court architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, it was the summer residence of the Duke of Courland. The two-story castle contains 138 elaborate rooms, a lovely French garden and a museum dedicated to the history of Latvia. Last but not least is a unique ensemble of Lithuanian folk art - The Hill of Crosses. The monument with more than 200.000 crosses in various sizes and materials stands on Jurgaiciai - Domantai mound. During your visit at The Hill of Crosses, you will learn more about the legendary stories why the Hill appeared. In the evening finish your drive and arrive in Vilnius city.
IncludesTransportation service Water Space to store luggage Entrance ticket to Bauska Castle Pickup and drop off from centrally located hotels (if private tour option selected) English-speaking guide (if private tour option selected)
- Bauska Castle is closed in the off-season