My Guide Website?
From Riga: Gauja National Park Full-Day Hike
Explore gorgeous hiking trails in the pristine setting of Gauja National Park. See the 350 million-year-old Gauja River Valley with its sandstone cliffs and visit the famous Cesis Town.
- Explore a beautiful nature trail on an 8-kilometer hike leading to the rocky slopes of the Gauja River Valley
- Visit the contemporary center of Latvian culture, Cesis
- Take a walk along the riverbanks of the longest river in Latvia
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Riga in the morning and begin the two-hour journey to the north-eastern part of Gauja National Park. Kick off your adventure with an 8-kilometer hike along a beautiful nature trail that leads to the rocky slopes of Gauja River Valley. Enjoy the unique opportunity to explore some of the most well-hidden trails in the park with your guide who will help you get the most out of your day. After your hike, stop for lunch in one of the most beautiful towns in Latvia - Cesis, whose history dates back to the 13th-century and is almost as old as Riga. Enjoy some free time to visit the famous Cesis Castle, the Old Town and its beautiful squares, St. John's Church (built in the 13th-century), The House of Harmony, and the House of Princesses. Experience the charm and atmosphere of a real Latvian town away from the hustle and bustle of the more cosmopolitan Riga. Not, it's time to explore the beautiful river banks of the longest river in Latvia - Gauja. See the largest white sandstone cliff in Latvia (Sietiņiezis) and admire some of the most precious natural landscapes in Gauja National Park. At the end of the day, get dropped off back at your hotel in Riga.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional eco-tour guide Entrance to Cesis Castle Food and drinks Insurance
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
- Be prepared to walk 10-12 kilometers through hilly terrain.
- This is a full-day tour that will take approximately 10 hours.
- Bring your snacks and drinks with you!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for varying weather conditions.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now