My Guide Website?
From Riga: Full-Day Scenic Gauja River Valley Kayaking Trip5 Reviews
Join an amazing full-day kayaking trip through the famous and breathtaking Gauja River Valley. Explore the stunning steep riverbanks, awesome sandstone cliffs, and dense forests of Gauja National Park from a kayak.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Latvia:If youʻre booking your trip to Latvia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Riga: Self-Guided Highlights Scavenger Hunt & Walking Tour
- Riga: Private Sigulda, Turaida, and Gauja National Park Tour
- From Tallinn: Private Transfer to Riga with Sightseeing
- Walking Tour of Riga's Beautiful Art Nouveau Architecture
- Kemeri National Park Bog Trail near Riga
- Enjoy the stunning wild steep banks of the Gauja River Valley and pristine Latvian nature
- Get to know more about the nature, culture and traditions of Latvia
- End your kayaking trip in Sigulda Town and continue exploring the heart of Gauja National Park or return to Riga
DescriptionMeet your guide in the morning and head to Gauja River Valley to begin your kayaking trip. The curving, wild nature of the Gauja River and its tributaries makes this experience one to remember, and a must-visit for travelers who like to venture off the beaten path. During your kayaking tour, see some of the most beautiful landscapes in Gauja River Valley, including stunning steep riverbanks, awesome sandstone cliffs, the dense forests of Gauja National Park, and more. Your eco-tour leader will engage you with a special “improv-travel” approach and tell you about the nature, culture, and traditions of Latvia. Paddle for 15 to 20 kilometers downstream on a truly enjoyable adventure. There are several alternative points to finish on the way so the length of the trip can be adjusted according to your wishes. After reaching your final destination, benefit from a transfer right back to your hotel in Riga, or stay in the scenic town of Sigulda.
IncludesTransfer from Riga and back Kayaking day trip ending in Sigulda Town A seat in a two-seat kayak or two or three seat canoe Safety jackets Knowledgeable eco-tour leader Improv-travel approach for the groups starting with two people
- Take your lunch-box and daily snacks and drinks with you
- Wear crocs or similar footwear that can get wet and that does not slip away in water, flip-flops are not suitable; you will have to get out of the boat occasionally and river's bottom is stony
- Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared for different weather conditions
- Take sunscreen, swimwear and a towel with you; in the case of appropriate weather, you will be able to stop at several places to take a swim
- There should be at least one person in your boat that can carry the kayak for 50 meters
- All tours are narrated in English, Russian and Latvian